Tuesday 27 March 2012

A change of tactics required?

I would have thought so. Peterborough score goals. They concede a lot, but you can always count on them to score plenty of goals so we can't just turn up and park the bus, we need to attack them early on and take the game to them.

I'd like to see 2 forwards playing from the start but knowing Sam's away tactics I won't hold my breath. Given our recent run and performances we're all hoping that he gives in and changes his tactics but he has a very different view on recent performances. He believes that having won 3 and drawn 7 of our last 10, it should be the other way around. Who has he been watching for the last couple of months? We deserved to beat Boro and if our strikers could score we would've beaten Burnley but there's no way we deserve to be 8 points better off than we are, if anything we've overachieved during this 10 game unbeaten run as some of the performances have been dire.

Like I said I'd like to see a 4-4-2 with 2 up top - Either Cole and Baldock or Maynard and Baldock. It will be interesting to see who plays on the right with Faubert and Vaz Te both set to make a comeback from injury. My first choice would be Vaz Te - providing he's fit enough to start - but maybe Big Sam will play it safe and start them both on the bench and stick Lansbury or Collison out wide.

This would be my team:

Green
J O'B Tomkins Faye Linda
Vaz Te Noble Nolan(c) Taylor
Maynard Baldock

Subs: Henderson, Collins, Lansbury, Collison/Carew, Cole

I'm gonna say 2-1 to the hammers, but it all depends how we start because sitting back against a team like Peterborough is a risk!

COME ON YOU IRONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment