Friday 15 June 2012

Shall we do a Spurs?

Spurs and Daniel Levy have a nack for swooping in at the last minute and stealing signings from under the nose of West Ham, and I think we should play them at their own game by swooping in for Adebayor.

He's currently one of many strikers that City want to get rid of along with Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Roque Santa Cruz, reports suggest.

He won't be cheap, obviously but he'll want first team football and we could surely offer him that as I think he's the best striker we could realistically sign this summer.

I'm not sure what he's on a week, though it wouldn't be surprising if it was nearing 6 digits but he's not getting any younger and I think the fact that he played for Spurs given his history with Arsenal suggests he's not too bothered about crossing enemy lines!

Is it ambitious? Yes. Will it be the Davids' most ambitious move this summer? I doubt it! I can't see any harm in enquiring because if we do get lucky and grab him, our strike force with him, Yakubu's signature looking imminent, Carlton Cole and Ricardo Vaz Te will surely be capable of scoring the goals to keep us in the premier league and we can sufficiently strengthen at the back!

Let me know what you think!

WHUT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment